Sunday, September 29, 2013

To read or not to read?

Hey everyone! As many of you may know, my name is Fatima, but many of you may not know much about me. I love to do many things and one of those things include reading. Many people dislike or even despise reading books because it’s boring to them. I love to read books; it takes your mind off of everything, so you focus on nothing but the book. I read many different genres, such as: non-fiction, mysteries, romance, thrillers, etc. On this blog, I’m going to be talking about fantasy fiction and how it came to be. Also, I’m going to include my opinion on different books, which ones I recommend, which ones I don’t, some of my favourite quotes and more!

I’m currently reading a book named “The Fall of Five” by Pittacus Lore. Its part of a book series called “I Am Number Four”. I highly recommend it; it’s very intense and full of action! I read mostly at night when I have the time. A lot of the time when a book is interesting to me, I tend to keep reading until I finally decide that it’s time for me to sleep. I once stayed up till 3 o’clock in the morning during March break reading a book; I just couldn't put it down.

Well, enough about me and books, now I’m going to explain to you guys a bit about fantasy fiction. Fiction can be defined as something that is non-realistic, it’s all made up and it’s not something that happens in our everyday life. Fiction books can be broken down in many different genres being sci-fi, fantasy, horror, humour  classical, etc. Fantasy is a part of fiction because everything is invented; from characters to settings. It talks about the supernatural like vampires, wizards and creatures, it also talks about magic; some people have powers while others cast spells with wands. Fantasy is a whole different world filled with imagination. I hope my upcoming blogs interest you and that one day you will love to read as much as I do! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Fatima! I really enjoyed reading your blog because I love reading books as well, especially fantasy fiction. Like you said, books have the power to suck you into their world and forget everything that’s going on in your life, even if it’s only for a while. It’s a gateway to your imagination. I am excited to read more on this topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kerianne! I’m glad you enjoyed my post! It’s true that it’s a gateway to your imagination. It opens up your mind to a whole different perceptive on things. You learn and experience more as you read. If there is anything you would like to know about fantasy fiction, please let me know and I’ll try my best to add it to my blogs!

      Delete
  2. Like you, I also love to read! I love various genres and I also have trouble putting books down sometimes. They work my imagination like you wouldn't believe! Fiction is one of my favorite genres, because they are so interesting and its stuff that doesn't happen on a regular basis. I am very excited to read more about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! I think it’s great that you love to read! Once you get into the book and all its characters, it does become hard to put down. Our world isn't exciting enough, so we have to have some form of fantasy in our lives to create some excitement!

      Delete
  3. Fantasy is one of my favourite genres. Have you read the George R. R. Martin series? "A Song of Ice and Fire" is an excellent series that really focuses on character and politics. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr, Noecker! I haven't read the series, but I'll surely look into it. Thank you for the suggestion!

      Delete