Wednesday, October 16, 2013

One of my favourites!

When it comes to reading books, I usually go for fantasies. I like to get out of the real world and see a different world in which wizards, vampires, werewolves and other fictional characters live in. Even though sometimes they just live on earth, I like to see their perspective of things, how they live, and what they think of humans. When I read a book and I love the way the story is written or I fall in love with one of the characters, then that book becomes one of my favourites. I’m sure many of you have read a book, whether at home or in class, and suddenly thought that this book could be one of your favourites. I’m going to talk to you about one of my favourite books! Well, one of my favourite series.

First three books in the series.
Picture taken from here
One of my favourite series is the Lorien Legacies, a series of books written by James Frey and Jobie Hughes. Many of you may know the movie that was based on the first book, “I am Number Four”. I loved the books so far, they always leave me wanting to read more! In brief, there’s a planet called Lorien that has been invaded by mogadorians (the bad people). Only nine children and their guardians have lived and they came to earth. Each child is named after their number and they have their own legacies (powers). They discover those legacies as they grow up. Their guardians are training them in order to get back what was once theirs. The mogadorians have followed them to earth and are trying to kill them before they grow stronger. They killed the first three of the nine, and the other six are trying to find each other to train and gain as much strength to defeat the mogadorians. I’m not sure how many books there are in the series because they are not done being written. I finished reading the fourth book a few weeks ago, which was released on August 27, 2013. There’s usually a year interval between each book publication. I don’t like the fact that I’m going to have to wait a year before reading the next book, especially because they ended the fourth book with a cliff hanger.

Alex Pettyfer plays number four or John
in the movie. This pictures was taken
from here
What I loved most about this book was the characters, mostly the six kids that are left. They may seem just like normal kids, but they have such strong characters. They were all so different from each other, from their personalities to their style of clothing. Despite their differences, they get along very well and there is a lot of teamwork involved.
I also loved the setting! They went to so many different places around the world and the way it was described made it seem amazing! Also, they talk a lot about Lorien, the world they lived in and the scenery seems so beautiful from everything written about it. I hope they win this war and go back to Lorien so I can find out more about it!
The story gets me every time. There is always something new, always added obstacles that prevent them from either training or finding each other. It always keeps me wondering what’s going to happen next. There are times where those obstacles take them into another obstacle which makes is harder to get out of it.

All in all, I loved every second of every book and I recommend it to many people that are into action and fantasy. I hope you enjoyed this week’s blog! That’s all for today!

Also, if you would like to find out which legacy you have, you can click here! If you would like to know more information about the characters and author then click here! Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I have watched the movie and absolutely loved it. I wanted to read the series, but I wasn’t sure if it was any good. Although, now that I have read your blog, it makes me more interested and excited on reading the books. I am also curious about finding out more about this whole different world that revolves around the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you’re going to read the books! It's a very good series, very exciting and very intriguing. I loved it very much! Usually, after I watch a movie, I always think that the books aren't going to be as good, but, most of the time, they turn out to be even better than the movie!

      Delete
  2. I myself always go for the fantasy books when reading. I dont know why but i find them much more interesting than any other genre I've tried reading. The amount of creativity and imagination the authors put out always amaze me and keep me hooked. You should try reading "The name of the wind" by Patrick Rothfuss if you haven't, I'm sure you'd find it fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that fantasy is so much more fascinating than the other genres. I find that authors are truly amazing when it comes to writing books; I wonder how they do it? I haven’t heard of that book, but I’m sure to give it a try! Thank you for the suggestion!

      Delete
  3. I have been debating on whether or not I should read this book. I saw the movie already (which I hate doing because it takes away from the reading experience!!) and I really liked it but I'm afraid that I won't enjoy reading the book because the character's from the movie are already planted in my brain. I think that I just might have to read this book though; I keep on hearing good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re right! After watching the movie we know the ending, so to read the book afterwards does take away the experience. We know what’s going to happen and it becomes less exciting. I always think it’s best to read the books before watching the movies! To be honest, I started reading from the second book because I thought that there was no point in reading the first one if I already knew what was going on.

      Delete